Sunday 5 January 2014

Winter Nails | Two Looks


The New Year has begun and currently we are already several days into 2014, pretty scary how fast 2013 went. But this weekend I thought I would share a post on nails, and give you a few different looks to may be inspired from. Now don't be fooled it's not nail art as such (even though that was a hobby of mine at one point), but just a few simple nail colours that you may want to purchase with two different looks to be inspired from. The first look being only 1 nail colour, nothing special, just a nail polish that I'm currently pretty fond of. Another being something a little different, I thought I would create a nail look with an accent nail on my ring finger. This isn't something I like so much anymore and was questioning whether to do it but I had a few stunning polishes that would work well so…Why not?

A simple colour which I love...


My cousin Millie and other family had come to stay over for a few nights including New Year’s Eve, therefore Millie and I got quite a lot of time together which was nice. We ended up painting our nails for New Year’s Eve and I did her nails for her. New Year’s Eve has been and gone therefore to do a 'New Year’s nail look/s' would be pointless for anyone to read as it would be up after that date. Therefore I named the post 'Winter Nails' as I think these nails are festive but still look lovely and themed for winter too! 


I painted Millie's nails a lovely iridescent nail colour which changes from a sparkly gold to a shimmery pink, depending on what light hits the nails. I love iridescent polishes because it's almost as if you've got 2 nail polishes in one! Solar is just such a stunning colour, it's not 'in your face' and very easy to apply, as well as it being a lightly coloured polish meaning any mistakes aren't very noticeable, very useful haha! I think Topshop nail polishes come to a price of £6 which is double the price of Barry M's original polish (another make of polish I love). However the Topshop nail polish range is infinite I swear, the range includes hundreds of different colours some of which are very unique just like Solar. 

I think this colour is lovely to wear in winter as well as for festive events, I can't imagine wearing this in summer but as it's just so lovely I might be wearing it all year round! 



Sophisticated nails with sparkle


It may sound a little cheesy but the reason why I subtitled it 'Sophisticated nails with sparkle' is because this nail look could be seen as more mature with grey nail polish but whilst adding sparkles for an accent nail. I was going to just paint my nails grey all over but I wanted to try out something new for new year's eve - taking more risks should be a new year’s resolution for me...Sadly I don't think the way you paint your nails counts though, haha. But as well as trying something new out whether I like it or not (I'm still not so sure), I thought it would be a nice idea to do this so others could try it out whom may like it! 


For the grey colour I applied to all the nails but the ring finger I used OPI's 'French Quarter For Your Thoughts' which is a lovely simple grey, not something I would usually go for but I thought I would try it out, why not? This polish actually came in a set of 4 OPI mini's and it was a lovely set that my mum's friend gave to us, as well as it consisting of this lovely grey shade it the set also includes: 'My Address Is "Hollywood"' (a shimmery summer pink), 'A-taupe The Space Needle' (a dirty brown) and 'Honk If You Love Opi' (which is a lovely deep, almost black, purple). I love the shade names that OPI comes up with their all so different and unique to match their polishes! 


For the accent nail I was definite upon adding some sparkle and I love this colour nails inc. have called 'regents park', it's a gold and silver glittered nail polish but isn't a top coat and after just one coat covers the nails completely. As much as I love this colour I really only rate nails inc. for their colour range because when it comes to chipping nails inc. don't perform well, not from the polishes I have used anyway. Apart from that this nail polish is one of my favourites to use! 


To finish off this look I added this No.7 nail polish (not sure what shade) which was simply a top coat with a decent amount of glitter to partially cover the nail, adding this on top of regents park just gave it even more sparkle!

Thank you for reading this post and I hope it helped or inspired you in some way, happy New Year and good luck for 2014!

What nail polishes have you been loving recently for the current season? 




2 comments: