Sunday 26 January 2014

Collective Haul | Sales





This weeks post is a post I've been waiting to do for a few weeks, Christmas has been and gone which left me with some Christmas money and many sales to search for. A few days after Christmas my friend Laura and I went on a trip shopping, Laura is also a lovely blogger and I recommend you follow her here! I knew I had some money to play with but didn't initially think to spend much of it. But walking into shops and seeing so many inviting deals and sales drew me in…Therefore the past 3 or 4 weeks have consisted of a lot of shopping and spending. The weekend after I wanted to pick one product up from boots, but the deal of ‘Buy one, get the second half price’ persuaded me to buy the ‘second’ – of course of which I wanted but didn't need! As well as these two trips, Kathryn and I (another blogger who you should follow, to see her blog click here), went shopping too. Once again a large amount of sales caught my eye, I’m sorry but a stand of Topshop half price makeup couldn't be walked away from.
Therefore after weeks of searching and purchasing (I forgot to mention yesterday was another day spent in shops…) I felt the need to do a collective haul and share what sales I had found as well as some good buys  -  also I will be featuring  my ‘Top 3 Buys’ out of everything I have bought in this haul too!
Why not start off with a high note and talk about my top 3 products?

Top 3 Buys...

1    1. This top buy is number 1 of my 3 for a reason and I think it will be an essential in my collection from now on, unless I find something better – but this is Miss Sporty’s Studio Lash incrediBALL mascara. Now when it comes to mascaras I often avoid purchasing a new one and let myself use up my current mascara until it’s basically dry! Now I find it’s because finding a new mascara just isn't an easy task, it’s so hard to get wrong and some can be £10.00 therefore you have to be careful! I once bought a miss sporty mascara and really loved it with a price of only a few pounds. For some reason I haven’t though of repurchasing any of their mascaras since. I now ask myself, why not?! This mascara only came to the price of £2.99 and is now a massive essential as I don’t touch any other mascara and can’t stop using this one. I’m not sure if I will review this or not but in a nutshell I love it and highly recommend you at least try it out!



2    2. My second out of my top three would be something I always wanted to try and it’s the ‘holy grail’ Maybelline Colour Tattoo, which I bought in the well known colour ‘On and On Bronze’. I've always put off buying this for some reason and who know why, the only reason I bought it was because Maybelline were promoting a ‘buy on get second half price’ therefore from being an appropriate £4.99  went down to a bargain of £2.99. All I can say is I use this most days, whether using it alone or underneath as a base it works a treat! I’m definitely considering buying more shades soon.



      3. The final out of my top 3 would be Topshop’s crème blush in ‘Prime Time’, the colour of the blush is a prime (how ironic) example of a ‘hot pink’ definitely not something I would go for on the cheeks. However a stand of HALF PRICE (yes 50% off!) Topshop makeup was definitely a yes for and I can’t normally justify spending that much on a product not purely branded as makeup (as Topshop is initially clothing). But there crème blushes normally stand at a decent £6 but half price to £3, so I couldn't resist and this was no regret of a purchase.
#


Now onto the rest…I’d be here for days if described every product in detail therefore the rest will be a short summary.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, £3.99 | sadly this product wasn't in the sale, but still at a reasonable price I wasn't going to give it a miss. I’ve repurchased this several times considering I use the product until it breaks (my last one was practically unusable) therefore no hesitation when buying this.

Mac Lustre Lipstick in ‘Plink!’ £15.00 | this was my first Mac purchase and probably not my last; I have quite a large Mac wish list but the price just daunt me. So when it comes to purchasing a high end product (I would class Mac as high end, other wouldn't), I do always research before to make sure I know what I want especially for lipsticks/eye shadow shades – I was pretty happy with this colour, it’s an every day (not that Ii will be wearing it every day) and subtle but pretty lipstick with a shimmery finish.
 
TopShop Lipstick in Saint, £4.00 (half price from £8.00) | As well as the crème blush I couldn't not buy some other half price Topshop makeup. Saint is a pinky-nude and has a creamy finish but I do have to finish this off with a pink gloss as it washes me out slightly.

Natural Collection Lipstick in Raspberry, £1.50 (3 for £5 deal, therefore around £1.50 from £1.99) | Kathryn was buying some natural collection products therefore we did a joint deal which work out well as it gave me a 25% off discount. Raspberry is a lovely rich, almost matte pink which I think will look lovely for spring.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in shade shade 15, £5.99 | this I also bought with a Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me (sorry, I forgot to include this in the photo). This was still the same deal that Maybelline had of ‘buy one get second half price’ – therefore giving the baby lips a discount of £1.25 from £2.50. I have also bought the concealer once before and loved its creamy texture, it’s my current ‘go to’ concealer.

Topshop Lip Marker In Berry, £3 (half price from £6) | Autumn has past and winter is coming to an end soon, but why not still wear a deep berry lip? I did find this lip marker/stain was drying on the lips and was hard to apply however I’m in love with the colour.

17 Lipstick in Berry Crush, £1 (sale, but I’m unsure of the original price) | this lip stain Ii prefer to Topshop’s as it comes with a non-tinted balm on the other side to give the lips more moisture, whilst blending in the stain. Berry lips are gorgeous and I love the fact that lip stains like these can be dark/deep coloured but with a smaller amount of pigment, therefore not too harsh.

Natural Collection Mascara in Lash care (see through), £1.99 | I normally use this for my brows to keep them in place and find it’s a simple cheap product that does the job, therefore another needed (well…) repurchase.

Topshop Nail Polish in Daredevil, £3 (half price from £6) | I really want to build a collection of their polishes as the colour range is insane and not to mention I just love Topshop’s packaging. As soon as I saw the rows of half price polishes I automatically knew I needed to buy one. I chose Daredevil as it’s a deep purple with gold specs, it’s a lovely colour and appropriate as I've been searching for a nice winter deep purple.

17 nail polish in silver (an iridescent polish, silver and purple), £0.50 (sale, but unsure of original price) | A nail polish for 50p, why not? It may not be something I usually go for but it could look nice on the nails let hope, but for 50p you can’t really go wrong.

17 lasting fix lipstick in the shade showbiz, £1.00 (from £4.49) | I have been wanting to try out a statement red lipstick for a while and when I saw this for only £1 I couldn't say now. In the bullet it appeared a matte red but once the fresh coating slides of it’s actually a slightly shimmey red with a pink hue. I can’t wait to try this out for an event or evening out!

Hollister Body Lotion in Silver Strand Beach, £2.99 (from £12, 75% off) | I’m very keen on Hollister’s signature scent and when me and Laura spotted they were selling a few lotions and moisturisers with a 75% discount we couldn't not. I normally tell myself £12 is too much when buying Hollister’s body care therefore this deal was perfect.

Hollister’s Hand and Body cream in Solane Beach, again £2.99 (from £12, 75% off) | I had to also pick up the hand and body cream, they all smell too good

Lush Space Girl (£2.25) and twilight (£3,25) bath bombs | Lush rarely have sales on but having some change left over in my purse and a trip to lush didn't leave me empty handed – I can’t wait to have a lush bath as I haven’t had one in ages.

Maybelline Baby Skin primer, £7.99 | a price of £7.99 whilst only receiving a small 22ml product, I thought I would try this out as it’s new in the ‘baby’ range that Maybelline sell. But currently I have mixed feelings on this… there may be a post including this soon.

Thank you for reading this massive haul, I think I will be putting myself on a spending ban from now on. But I hope you enjoyed it and have a lovely week!


~ Happiness is not a destination, it’s a way of life ~

What have you been purchasing recently? 







13 comments:

  1. I want everything you got! :) Fab haul xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Fab post - I nominated you for the Liebster Award over on my blog. I love your blog and hope you'll be able to check it out! x

    www.molliejessblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will check over on your blog now x

      Delete
  3. Omg i love everything you bought! i just want them all haha. great post x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a collective haul though so I obviously didn't buy it all at once - I think I need to stop spending so much though!x

      Delete
  4. Wow, that Topshop blush was such a bargain! I'd definitely be tempted to try these over MAC. My latest make up purchase was BOI-ING which is awesome.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really love it and can't wait to try some of their other shades! I've heard about that, sounds good!:)x

      Delete
  5. So jealous of this haul you've got some gorgeous things! I love the Twilight bath ballistic and the Topshop lipsticks! A few of my favs!
    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's the most I've bought in a while, with so many sales and christmas money in my hands I couldn't stop! I can't wait to try the bath bombs, I tried both types before but ages ago, haha x

      Delete
  6. wow what an amazing haul , i bet you enjoyed getting all that
    xxx
    could you follow back hun , i am now following you
    www.theinkedblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Haha, I feel guilty for spending so much (but this was over 1 month, not all in one go, haha) xx

      Delete