Sunday 29 December 2013

Skin, Hair & Nail Care Haul | Boots


I recently went shopping (well yesterday) looking for some sales, as most of you will know there are quite a few at the moment. There were a few things I also wanted to try out as well, therefore I ended up buying quite a few skin care products, and some hair and nail care too!

My favourite part to the element of shopping is actually going through all my purchases when I get home and re-viewing what I can't wait to try. I realised that I had actually bought a fair amount and for all under £10 (well £9.91 to be exact), which is pretty good if I'm honest. Therefore I thought I would share this with everyone - I did come across a few sales and offers but nothing too special, sorry I'm not the best at sale hunting!

3 for £3 - Boots Essential Skin Care Range

I have heard about this deal, I didn't know if it was permanent so I grabbed it whilst I could! 

3 Minute Clay Mask

 Moisturising Cream 

 Eye Gel

I'm very indecisive and therefore picking 3 products out of the range took me a while. But I eventually opted for: 3 Minute Clay Mask, Moisturising Cream and an Eye Gel. The clay mask was one of the first things I picked up as I have never had a face mask actually in a tube and have only ever bought the single 'tester' packaged ones, which never seem to agree with my skin either. Therefore this product looked good, as well as smelling really good! All the products in this range are enriched with the fresh scent of cucumber and are very refreshing - which I love.

The second was the moisturising cream, I was 'uhming and arhing' about this but ended up buying it as I needed a plain old moisturiser for morning and night - I'll keep stealing my mothers otherwise. This was scented with cucumber more significantly in comparison to the rest and has a light consistency absorbing into the skin fast. 

The last product I picked up may seem strange but totally makes sense, this eye gel 'enriched with soothing cucumber and vitamins' and reduces puffiness - I love using this in the morning before applying my makeup as it's refreshing and, like it says, reduces puffiness - which I find very useful. 

I was pretty happy with this deal as 3 for £3 obviously means that comes to only £1 per product, which is very good in my opinion. 

Extra Skincare From Boots



On the same shopping trip (yesterday) I bought some Nivea Creme, a product I have been willing to try. This is a stronger moisturiser which can be used on the: face, lips and body... I think. I will be using this when I have dry patches on my face or experience flaky skin as this is a much thicker and I believe stronger moisturiser than the Boots essential one I also bought. This may sound strange but I actually have very dry elbows and shall be using this for them because I think it will work a treat! 


Just before buying all my products I was queuing and came across an anti bacterial hand gel, which coincidentally I was in need for. It was a fairly big bottle and I had used this make before and liked it, the scent is cucumber (I think I'm enjoying the scent of cucumber at the moment, haha) and garden mint. The scent is very refreshing and I much prefer this to the mango and passion flower scent this brand does. This was the only product on sale actually but I think it was reduced from £1.55 to £1.05. Not sure if any of you would be interested, but I cant go anywhere without hand gel, haha. 

As well as yesterday the other day my mum picked up some skin care from the drugstore for me, both products of which I really like and was in need for - I don't think I will need any more skincare for a while!


I didn't actually read the bottle before applying this late at night, I just grabbed something to take my makeup off with. I thought it was just a normal cleansing lotion but actually is a 'spot stress control' cleansing lotion, therefore isn't meant to remove makeup, in my case eye makeup. Therefore I stupidly applied to this to the eyes to try ad get rid of my eye makeup, but then it began to sting...oops. I read the bottle and just applied it to the rest of the face, but it still made my skin sting. However I think it's the formula working as it helps to clear spots, but I shall not be putting this near my eyes again, haha!


Here we go! Eye make-up remover, haha. My mum also picked this up for me and I actually used this afterwards to get rid of the excess eye make-up I still had on. It is a very oily product but this doesn't bother me as it's a makeup remover and afterwards I'm going to sleep... but this may bother some people if their skin is already oily? Anyway, I really like this product, it says 'soothing' and I agree it does sooth the skin with the oil based ingredients in this product - perfect! 

Hair Care


This was a product I had on my list whilst shopping yesterday and was actually recommended this by Catherine (candyxcosmetics.blogspot.co.uk) via twitter and I'm glad she did as I love it! I'm very impressed as this leave-in conditioner that boots supply comes to a price of only £1.39 and works lovely with my hair. It detangles and smooths the hair leaving a scent of coconut and almond! 

Nail Care


Recently I have been growing my nails (I'm a nail bitter...but hopefully no more!) and so far so good really, I just find it hard to stay out of the habit and easy to get back into it (a new years resolution I think). However I was close to purchasing OPI's Nail Envy but this is at a price of £18.80 and for one nail polish for me that's a lot. But I found it on amazon for only £8.80, which is great! I was close to buying this and thought it couldn't be duped because of how great it is, but just to check I researched and found that there actually is a dupe! which is this - Rimmel's NAIL NURSE nail rescue a 14 day nail treatment, very similar to OPI's Nail Envy. Therefore I was very impressed and thought to buy this at £4.49 instead, the price would only be four pound more if I were to get the Nail Envy but still every little counts! 

I hope you enjoyed reading this post and it helped you in some way, or you just enjoyed reading it! What skin, hair or nail care have you purchased or been loving recently?

Have a lovely New Year! 




  

2 comments:

  1. Wooo Love the leave-in conditioner - doesn't it just smell delicious?? Literally douse my hair in this stuff after washing it - works a treat :-) xx

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, the smell is gorgeous!! My hair can be so knotty when I come out the shower and using this really helps detangle as well as smelling really good!xx

      Delete