Sunday 2 February 2014

Bare Minerals EyeShadow Duo | Review and Swatches


I've been longing to do this post for a while because I've actually been really excited about composing it, to then share it to my readers. However for some reason I've been procrastinating and putting it off, but why?

Sometimes I feel pressure when writing a review. I feel the post needs to have a higher formality maybe? Plenty of detail? Or maybe I will miss an aspect that people are looking for. But this weeks post seemed the right time to do one, and in particular about a product I've loved! 
Urban Decay is pretty much known for their eyeshadows. People even compare eyeshadows to UD's when looking for the quality. I shall not escalate but we all know how impressive and popular their shadows are. I'm still questioning whether to throw away £37 in return of their original naked palette, besides the point... I have found another brand that has impressed me highly in forms of eyeshadow. Bare minerals obviously supply other products, which I'm hoping impress me as much as the eyeshadows do. But today I am going to purely focus on their eyeshadows, in particular their eyeshadow duo in the 'Scenic Route'. I was sent this from a giveaway I won and it was the product I was actually most excited about trying. 


I was unsure how accessible Bare Minerals was to me, but without me knowing it was streets away from my centre town - I wish I had known sooner! Now, the shades may not have been something I'd go for, but despite that fact, the quality I just can't fault. Don't get me wrong, the colours are stunning - the deep gold olive (shade - Spectacular) and bright shimmery white (shade - Breathtaking), both containing gold specks which appear in the light. Bare Minerals have created duos where both colours complement each other so well. Just these too colours and that's all I need, for either a wearable day time or an intense evening look. 


In terms of the formula and how the eyeshadows feels when applied, again I can't fault. The consistency is unbelievably soft and seamless when blended after application. For some reason a feel that using these eyeshadows made it easier to get a more 'professional' and flawless eye-look.

The price comes at around £20 for a duo on the Bare Minerals website, but I believe Boots sell the duo for £19. Obviously I didn't have to pay with it being a giveaway, but paying £20 for two eyeshadows (essentially £10 per one) is quite a lot. If I hadn't known the quality I probably wouldn't pay that amount, but now knowing I'm questioning whether to actually buy one of the quads I've had my eye on. Something I also love is the packaging, now packaging can make a cheap product look the expensive, or an expensive product look cheap. But when it boils down to it, the packaging shouldn't matter and the product inside is what does. However I do think the appearance is in some aspects is important when it comes to the customers buying the product. I happily buy and use cheap brands which I'm fond of, but the packaging looking pretty is a perk to buying good quality brands, in my point of view. 


One of the main elements I look for on eyeshadows is the pigment. As well as the texture, application and packaging, Bare Minerals have also hit it on the spot with the pigment of their eyeshadows. They give a high pigmentation which then blends beautifully into the crease, whilst being able to pack the colour on the lid. At times when I want a more day time eye look, I will sometimes opt for less pigment that can be built accordingly - so in that aspect it can be harder to achieve a subtle look. But I can't really complain can I?
Overall the pros by far weigh out the cons. Even being on the more expensive side, these eyeshadows are the best I own in terms of quality and are definitely worth the price. So if you’re willing to treat yourself on expensive eyeshadows I recommend you opt for Bare Minerals!
Hope you liked this post; it’s actually my first ever full post review! Sorry about the quality of the photos, the lighting wasn’t great when I took these. Have a lovely week!
What products have you been impressed with currently?
~ Hard times will reveal true friends ~



10 comments:

  1. Lovely review Abbie, these shades are beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm still questioning whether to buy their quad - the price is pretty high, but I think they're worth it x

      Delete
  2. Your blog is so so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey doll!

    I have nominated you for Liebster Award. Details on my blog @ http://www.herdeauty.com/ . Good luck!

    xx Dea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the darker green color! So stunning. Lovely blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post hun, and great pics too! Love the blog xxx

    Faceitamy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review this one looks gorgeous! I have a couple of the eye quads and they really impress me I love how neutral and wearable the colours are in this!

    Genna at Lipstick Crush

    ReplyDelete