Sunday 1 December 2013

An Autumn Weekend | OOTD's and Photography


Winter is around the corner and slowly autumn is coming to an end. Photography is something I thoroughly enjoy and something I would love to share with others out there, so I decided to capture elements of autumn which I think represent the season well. Therefore last weekend I and a friend Laura (lerreve.blogspot.co.uk) went on a ‘photography walk’ on Saturday to take some shots before autumn draws to an end. As well as that, last Sunday I went out with my dad and sister by the riverside and I spontaneously started taking pictures as it was all so beautiful! I ended up with hundreds of autumn shots from through out and the weekend and some extras throughout the week; it was so hard to narrow them down so I somehow managed to fit most of them into one whole post. 

Along with this I decided to show you some of the clothing I was wearing throughout last weekend (Saturday and Sunday OOTD’s) I hope you enjoy this post – It’s probably going to be a long one!

Saturday 

Green Parka - Topshop | Floral Skirt - Newlook | Maroon Knitted Jumper - Newlook  



Boots - Newlook | Knitted Tights - Primark | Scarf (Snood) - Newlook Both Earrings - Dorothy Perkins 

For this time of year I just love pairing a floral skirt with some thick knitted tights, especially when you can add some boots with a small heel - I just think it looks comfy and warm but sophisticated at the same time.

To continue here are some photos I managed to capture with Laura...






I was pretty pleased when I came home to release how many pictures I had taken that I was happy with, however that meant spending a while narrowing them down. Luckily me and Laura woke up that morning to a frosty cold but sunny day - just perfect for some photography we had in mind. 

Sunday

Green Parka - Topshop | Maroon Skater Skirt - Newlook |  Black Long Sleeved Top - Newlook 



Grey Knitted Beanie - Newlook | Scarf - Lombard & Lombard | Maroon Vans - Vans  

Again I paired a skirt with some tights, but this was more of a casual look as me, my sister and my dad went on a dog walk and breakfast by the river. Along the way I couldn't help but to take some more pictures as luckily brought my camera with me!

We took our dog Alfie for a walk down the river and after went for breakfast at a cute local cafe...

The customer service was lovely and so was the cafe itself, I just love that feeling when you get inside after a long walk in the crisp air and enjoy a lovely cup of tea to warm yourself up - the wood burning stove was also warm and toasty! 

Extras

During the week I also felt to need to take some more photos, I just can't resist! As the sun is rising later and setting sooner, during the morning just before I leave the house the sun begins to rise. Depending on the morning the sun can rise and light up the whole sky with warm orange and pink tones reflecting off the clouds, Wednesday morning resembled this the best. I just felt there was need to capture it so I did; from my bedroom and bathroom windows.
The past few weeks the sun has been setting just as I've been returning home, after this lovely Wednesday morning sunrise it was followed that evening with a stunning sunset. It looked most gorgeous around 4 o'clock however I was still on the bus at that point and therefore as soon as I returned home I decided to grab my camera and head off outside! 

  
The first picture was actually taken on Saturday with Laura and the one on the right was take just after I took pictures of the sunset on Wednesday night. I do find that pretty areas can become so much more prettier at night. I just loved the feeling of walking through my village wrapped up in my coat with the cold breeze, everything was almost silent and my village looked lovely lit up by just the street lamps and the setting sun. 

I hope you enjoyed reading this post, it was a pretty long one and took some time but I think autumn is such a lovely season I didn't want to have to wait another year to capture it!

What your favorite element of autumn?


5 comments:

  1. Great post, I love all of these photos, so artistic!
    My favourite element of Autumn is the colourful leaves- they're so pretty!

    Laura
    lerreve.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, especially the ones of the sunset. I too, like Laura, love the colorful leaves and I think it's nice to capture that during Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn! I feel the need to capture such a pretty sunset, I just can't resist!

      Delete