Sunday 9 March 2014

P.S Love Brow Pencil | A Quick Review










P.S Love Brow Pencil in Light | £1



I wasn’t intending on sharing my brow ‘routine’/what products I use on my brows, to then write a negative review on a brow product straight afterwards. Yes, this will be a negative post. But we can’t not be negative once in a while, when sharing how we feel about particular products. As much as I enjoy sharing what I love, sometimes I feel the need to also talk about what hasn’t pleased me so much.

When I heard Primark (a clothing store, if you didn’t already know), were bringing out a makeup range, I was suddenly intrigued. In the past Primark have supplied the basic cosmetics, and still do, but how now established a makeup range called P.S Love. I instinctively knew this range was going to be far from over priced, as its Primark. But was unsure if the quality would in any way surprise me. I didn’t actually purchase much from the range, only a few products – one of which I shall be sharing with you today!

As mentioned previously in my ‘Eyebrows’ post, I was on a hunt to find an affordable new brow product. With my current e.l.f. brow product virtually gone, I felt pushed for time. Filling in my brows is a step I rarely miss out, and having nothing to fill them in with wouldn’t be great. But even after purchasing a new brow product, I’m sadly still searching. 

Having three shades to chose from - light, medium and dark - I opted for the light shade hoping it was a cool toned brown. Annoyingly it wasn’t. When swatched and also applied to the brows it becomes even more obvious that this ‘light’ brown pencil is very warm toned – the one thing I avoid. I have blonde hair and dark blonde eyebrows – therefore I need a cool toned light brown to match. I’m obviously not expecting a £1 brow pencil to be the perfect shade, but it also had a negative element which I didn’t even know could occur.

Once I applied the product (considering I didn’t apply much), I then went in with the spoulie it had on the other end. Assuming this would brush through the brows to give a natural finish, instead it made it look a whole lot worse. The consistency of the product must have been so blend-able, because half the product I applied wasn’t on my eyebrows anymore, and was around them. It left my eyebrows surrounded by a brown pigment, but all due to blending it out with the spouile. However I think the consistency of the pencil was to blame here, not the spoulie. Meaning this product did let me down, but considering it was only £1, my expectations weren’t initially too high.

This has left me still searching for another brow product, which I hope works out better for me than this one did. But if you have any suggestions or recommendations, please leave them below! I’m also sorry about not posting last Sunday; I’ve had quite a few MOC’s and tests at school, which I prioritise over blogging. I would love to share my thoughts more than once a week, but somehow I don’t see that happening any time soon (except from the summer holidays…no work for 6 weeks!).

Have a lovely week and be expecting another review on another product from the P.S love range soon (hopefully a bit more positive).  
                                                                                                                              

Have you tried Primark’s P.S Love makeup range? What do you think? 

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty blog and such a great post!- followed
    Sarah xx
    You can find me here if you like; http://stylepreserve.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happened to me too! I found it so orange, which an inch above the brows is defo not a good look haha! xx

    emilykebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried out any Primark products ((I live in Australia so there isn't a chance for that)) but from what I've seen their reviews don't turn out the best. I use a brilliant eyebrow pencil which is the Maybelline mastershape in the deep brown and then I powder them with an eyeshadow ((because I couldn't find a brow powder that was my colour)) and the eyeshadow is the Rimmel London Glam Eyes in 002 Smokey Brun. Definitely two cheap products that give a good finish.

    ReplyDelete