Sunday 23 March 2014

Ocean Salt





Skincare, an element of beauty that has grown upon me. Yes some days it becomes a chore, however a lot of the time I really enjoy washing, scrubbing and cleansing my face - it's just such a refreshing feeling to get rid of all the makeup and dirt hidden beneath your skin. When I received a lush box for christmas containing several products, I really was excited to try some of their skincare. I'm already fond of their bath bombs for sure, but for some reason had never chosen to try any of their skincare.  

Lush is a brand and a shop I really love. When you walk into the shop there's always that distinctive soapy scent lingering, and I can't forget to include their customer service as they're always so helpful! But after been given a few of their products for christmas and realising how much I love them, I think lush will be a shop I'll visit a lot more in the future. 

Today's post will feature one of the products from the gift set I got, which is Lush's Ocean Salt face and body scrub. I think there was a slight blue theme in the gift set, apart from a happy hippy shower gel (be expecting some more posts concerning some of these other lush products soon!). When it comes to scrubs they're not a skincare product I would use daily as I think it can become harsh on the skin. Therefore I would normally use the desired scrub every other day, however this scrub not even that. It's very harsh on the skin. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, as this product really does it's job. Meaning I normally use this weekly, if not every other week when I really feel my skin needs it. I have combination skin, and can experience dry patches whilst also having oily skin throughout the day. So when my skin really needs exfoliating I instantly reach for this product.

This scrub can be used on the face and body, but as I got a separate body scrub from the set I thought if designate this for exfoliating my face instead. With lashings of 'fine sea salt', organic limes to brighten and avocado butter to soften the skin - the scrub really does leave your skin feeling super soft. It says 'fine sea salt' but I'm not sure I would call it fine, as it's quite abrasive on the skin. The 100% recycled plastic tub holds 70g of product, which can then be sent back to the store with 4 other finished tubs or tubes - so you can then receive one fresh mask for free! All Lush products also support fighting animal testing, which is a great bonus.

Concentrating more on the product itself... I really have been enjoying using it and don't want to finish the tub. I'm not sure what price it retails at, but the only mishap when walking into the store is that I know Lush can be fairly pricey (well for me, and what my purse contains). But after using this several times, I don't think i'll be able to find another product like it. Yes I own quite a few scrubs which I really enjoy using, however non of which really preform as well as this one.  

In a nutshell. It smells, looks and feels divine - containing natural elements such as salt, which really help the skin recover and keep healthy. I just hope when I finish the product and pop into Lush for a repurchase, that it's not too pricey for my pocket.  

I hope you enjoyed this post and apologies for the lack on content on my blog recently. Sadly the light sensor in my camera has gone, and went a while ago - meaning the problem is only getting worse. So I'm currently finding it hard to picture any products without the outcome being a white blur, and this means I can't post as regularly; a bloggers worst nightmare. So with a hope to get that sorted, any help below about digital cameras (I own and use Nikon L310) and a bust light sensor would be appreciated. 

After not composing nor posting much, writing this made me realise how much I enjoy blogging as a whole - I've always tried to keep in mind it's a hobby and not a chore! Have a lovely week, and I really hope I can post again next Sunday. 

Have you tried Lush's skincare? 

4 comments:

  1. Never tried any Lush skincare but this look lovely! Will definitely be checking this out:)
    http://peachesand-cream.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, all their products I've tried so far I've loved and used a lot!

      Delete
  2. This is my all time favourite <3 I love how fresh smelling this is and how it makes my skin feel! Its very scrubby and just leaves your skin glowing just love it XxxX

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, it's not something I use very often but when I do I question why I don't use it very much ahhax x

      Delete